F4 Corporate and Business Law (CL)
THE SECRET TO EXAM SUCCESS
The F4 paper is broad-based, requiring a relatively fundamental knowledge of many theories, concepts and their practical applications. As the paper now includes longer requirements, with five questions worth six marks each, it is vitally important that candidates are able to apply various exam techniques to tackle the questions within a limited time.
To develop knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business, recognising the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary.
Corporate and Business Law is essentially divided into eight (8) areas.
The syllabus starts with an introduction to the overall legal system of Cyprus such as the court system and sources of law. It then leads into the area of the law of obligations including contracts and torts, which underpin business transactions generally.
The syllabus then covers a range of specific legal areas relating to various aspects of business of most concern to finance professionals. These are the law relating to employment and the law relating to companies.
These laws include the formation and constitution of companies, the financing of companies and types of capital, and the day to day management, the administration and regulation of companies and legal aspects of insolvency law.
The final section links back to all the previous areas. This section deals with corporate fraudulent criminal behaviour.
On successful completion of this paper candidates should be able to:
- Identify the essential elements of the legal system of Cyprus including the main sources of law
- Recognize and apply the appropriate legal rules relating to the law of obligations
- Explain and apply the law relating to employment relationships
- Distinguish between alternative forms and constitutions of business organizations
- Recognize and compare types of capital and the financing of companies
- Describe and explain how companies are managed, administered and regulated
- Recognize the legal implications relating to insolvency law
- Demonstrate an understanding of corporate fraudulent and criminal behavior
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 15-25 hrs
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 6
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Capable tutors and a high quality tuition
Over the past couple of months I received valuable support from Quantia in my preparation for the F4 ACCA exam. My tutors had an excellent grasp of the syllabus and as a result I was very well prepared. This type of studying is the best value for money I have found.
Personalized ACCA tuition course
My tutor followed up with emails on how's everything going and gave me a lot of motivational support. He was always polite and understanding, and did everything he could to help me.